Friday, February 12, 2010

Food: French Onion Burgers


Since we were buried under 28"+ of snow, I wanted something yummy on Saturday. I tried this recipe which I saw on a Campbell Soup commercial. The burgers were really juicy!(used 90/10 ground beef-very little fat) Served with onion rings, sauteed onions and toasted buns. After the burgers were done I poured off the soup and melted my cheese with the cover on my pan. Good Eats!


French Onion Burgers
1 pound ground beef
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
4 slice cheese
4 Pepperidge Farm® Classic Sandwich Buns with Sesame Seeds, split

Shape the beef into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) burgers.
Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the burgers from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Stir the soup in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the burgers to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Top the burgers with the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve the burgers on the buns with the soup mixture for dipping.

Recipe Credit: French Onion Burgers

2 comments:

ParlinMom said...

sounds like Sat afternoon snack...enjoy your weekend. I know we will with this snack

Darcel said...

I wish I was having that for dinner tonight. Those look so yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Grow-up Plan