Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Week Shout Outs




My plan to celebrate the 4-0 birthday in Miami was a really good time. Shout out to my travel partners, JJ and RY. I started off the weekend with my first BW(Shout out to my aesthetician, Sue for her great breathing technique to alleviate the pain) at LeJardin Spa; all I can say about this procedure - it is not for the faint at heart. Oooh, I feel like I am now a part of a special club.

When I searched for a hotel in South Beach I looked specifically for a 4 star or 5 star and what a gem I found. I stayed at the The Hotel of South Beach. A very nice boutique hotel. Shout out to the great staff! I would definitely stay there again. I tried a frozen mango mojito and it was sooooo good! The hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants and retail stores. They also have a rooftop pool with a view of the ocean. One day I just basked in the sun, dipped in the pool, read my book, listened to my music and relaxed. How often do we get days like this? Then I looked up the top spa for Miami and came across the Ritz Carlton South Beach, which offered the Decandent Duo package, you select 2 of 4 services for $100, hey you only turn 40 once right? Shout out to my therapist Susan, she did an awesome job with my body scrub and tension massage! I felt like a new person. Shout out to the spa for the complimentary glass of champagne. Shout out to SB for my spa treat!

I found the best authentic watermelon mojito; and delicious lobster fritters at LaRios Shout out to the wait staff for singing Happy Birthday! Shout to my bro for having me try a Macanudo cigar! It was all in the spirit of celebrating - it will not become a habit, trust me...Again you only turn 40 once! Now I have to send in my subscription for More magazine!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Grow-up Plan