Friday, May 15, 2009

NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH



Hi Ladies:

As we approach the end of this month, I just wanted to send a reminder to all who have or will reach the age of 40 to schedule your MAMMOGRAM. I have received mammograms since I was 31 due to a mass my OB/GYN observed after my first delivery. My OB/GYN was extremely diligent in pushing for me to be screened even though I was under the age of 40. Fortunately it was only a mass possibly from a blocked milk duct. It is a blessing when we encounter healthcare professionals who are passionate about the care and well being of their patients. In spite of having my yearly mammograms, I need to make an effort to do my monthly self breast exams (which I told my OB/GYN I would during my last annual exam). Take charge of your health!



Peace & Blessings,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Grow-up Plan